CLACLS Summer Research Travel Fellowships 2019
The Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies is accepting proposals for the CLACLS Summer Research Travel Fellowships 2019. The center will award multiple fellowships of up to $1,500 (partial awards may also be granted) to full-time students currently enrolled, and in good standing, in one of the doctoral programs at the Graduate Center, CUNY. The fellowships will support doctoral research in Latin America and the Caribbean between May and August 2019. Spain or Portugal will be considered for research focused on Latin America.
Eligible expenses include travel and accommodation costs incurred for research with archival and other primary source material, interviews, video documentation, and related research. Expenses for travel to scholarly conferences, classes, or seminars are not eligible for support. Students are responsible for attaining IRB approval if needed.
All applications must be submitted as ONE PDF DOCUMENT to email@example.com with the subject heading “[LAST NAME] 2019 Travel Fellowship Application”. Please arrange your document’s application materials in the following order:
- A single cover page stating the applicant’s full name, email address, home address, GC program, field of study, and title of the research proposal
- An additional one-page description of the research project with at least some mention of the proposed trip’s larger scholarly relevance (500 words maximum)
- A one-page budget proposal (as detailed as possible)
- Curriculum Vitae (no more than three pages)
- An up-to-date Graduate Center transcript (an unofficial copy from GC Banner is fine)
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019 at 5pm EST (FIRM deadline). Decisions will go out March 15, 2019 by 5pm EST. Please contact CLACLS directly with any questions at 212.817.8438.
Information regarding former winners can be found on the CLACLS website at http://clacls.gc.cuny/edu