The Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies is accepting proposals for the CLACLS Summer Research Fellowships 2021. The Center will award multiple fellowships of up to $1,500 (partial awards may also be granted) to full-time students currently enrolled, and in good standing, in one of the doctoral programs at the Graduate Center, CUNY. The fellowships will support doctoral research on Latin America and the Caribbean. Spain or Portugal will be considered for research focused on Latin America.
Eligible expenses include costs incurred for research with archival and other primary source material, interviews, video documentation, and related research. Given the likely restrictions in travel, the 2021 CLACLS research fellowship will consider expenses for academic association membership, transcription and translation services, technology and software for research purposes. The CLACLS will be unable to provide funds for travel for research this year.
Students are responsible for attaining IRB approval if needed.
All applications must be submitted as ONE PDF DOCUMENT to email@example.com with the subject heading “[LAST NAME] 2021 Research Fellowship Application”. Please arrange your document’s application materials in the following order:
1. A single cover page stating the applicant’s full name, email address, home address, GC program, field of study, and title of the research proposal
2. An additional one-page description of the research project with at least some mention of the study’s scholarly relevance (500 words maximum)
3. A one-page budget proposal (as detailed as possible)
4. Curriculum Vitae (no more than three pages)
5. An up-to-date Graduate Center transcript (an unofficial copy from GC Banner is fine)
Application Deadline: March 12, 2021 at 5pm EST (FIRM deadline). Decisions will go out March 19, 2019 by 5pm EST.
Please contact CLACLS directly with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information regarding former winners can be found on the CLACLS website.